Community Ambassadors Programme
Leading in Leicester and Leicestershire is a Reaching People project. This project provides a range of training and network programmes for our community from grass root levels to experienced and future leaders to enhance leadership within the local Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) services.
‘Our vision is to enable our community and organisations become resilient leaders and empowered future changemakers within the local community sector.’ Jenny Hand, CEO, Reaching People.
The WEA and Leading in Leicester and Leicestershire have developed a partnership to deliver a Community Ambassadors programme. This programme is for individuals and volunteers working in the community or in the voluntary/charitable sector.
Individuals could be involved with their local community or supporting local services such as, someone at grassroots level who wants to, learn some core skills and make a greater impact on others.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Explore and develop interpersonal and communication skills to become effective leaders
• Develop knowledge of the impact of leadership on wellbeing
• Understand the basics of project management and develop thinking to ensure projects are realistic and impactful
• Understand the importance of managing stakeholders and developing effective partnerships
• Develop knowledge on how to manage time effectively, prioritise and organise workload
To register your interest and be kept up to date with information regarding programme start date, please complete the application form here. If you would like further information please contact email@example.com
Founded in 1903, the WEA is the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education, delivering over 8,000 part-time courses for over 50,000 people each year in England and Scotland.
With the active support of around 350 local branches, 3,000 volunteers, 2,000 part-time tutors and 10,000 members, the WEA provides high quality, student-centered and tutor-led education for adults from all walks of life. We also maintain our special mission to provide educational opportunities to adults facing social and economic disadvantage.
The WEA provides courses across four curriculum themes:
• Employability: to develop confidence, understanding and skills to help adults, at all stages of their lives, participate more fully in the world of work
• Health & Wellbeing: to combat inequalities and promote a social and preventative model of health and well-being
• Community Engagement: to combat social exclusion and promote active citizenship
• Culture: to broaden horizons through understanding cultures, identities and environments embodying our commitment to social purpose
For further information on the charity, please visit http://www.wea.org.uk